6.3 - Mon Oct 12 07:56:29 CEST 2015
This release adds a new report to show statistics about Denied URLs. It also allow to add a SquidGuard log to the list of log files and to report blocked URLs into the Denied reports. It ialso adds a pie chart on SquidGuard ACLs use.
There's also four new configuration directives:
- UserReport to be able to remove any user related reports but statistics about URL and domains will remain. - ExcludedCodes to be able to exclude some log entries following the TCP code returned. - UrlHitsOnly to be able to enable the generation of additional HTML tables with top Url per byte and per duration in Top Urls and Domains report. - MaxFormatError to not exit immediatly when a bad format error is encountered. SquidAnalyzer will wait MaxFormatError before exiting.
Note that this last directive is disable by default, so if you still want the three tables in the reports, you must set UrlHitsOnly to 1.
A Catalan translation file has been added to the lang directory.
It also included several bug fixes since last release.
- Skip immediately lines that squid is not able to tag: TAG_NONE. Thanks to David Touzeau for the report. - Fix display order when OrderUrl was set in Top Url and Top Domain views. Thanks to Wesley Bresson for the report. - Convert fr_FR.txt translation file from ISO_8859-1 to UTF8 and change charset value. Thanks to zezinho42 for the report. - Change order in de_DE.txt of WeekDay to So Mo Di Mi Do Fr Sa, the week days in translation file must start with Sunday unlike in calendar. - Fix case sensitivity in command line options. Thanks to Pavel Podkorytov for the report. - Add SquidGuard.current state file to be able to do incremental parsing of both squid and squidguard log files without issues. - Try to fix bad characters in mime_type field and add MaxFormatError to not exit immediatly when a bad format error is encountered. SquidAnalyzer will wait MaxFormatError before exiting. - Add information about how to parse SquidGuard log together with Squid Cache access log file. - Add pie chart on SquidGuard ACLs use. - Remove redundant regular expressions. - Try to fix case when method or code in log file are corrupted with non printable characters, should never appears but some injection have been reported. - Add support for SquidGuard log parsing to report denied ACLs. Thanks to Pavel Podkorytov for the feature request. - Fix detection of new log file from history when log file was in common http format. - Fix possible POSIX::strftime error with debug mode activated. - Add / at end of WebUrl when it is set but does not terminate with a slash. - Remove extra slash in week link, update russian translation file and fix some missprint. Thanks to badfiles for the patches. - Add Catalan translation file. Thanks to atorrillasmat for the file. - misprints, there are two of them. badfiles - Add TCP_REDIRECT to be counted as a DENIED tag from log file for users of squidGuard/ufdbGuard-style URL rewriters. Thanks to slashdoom for the patch. - Force SquidAnalyzer to use locale C internally. - Exclusion/Inclusion check when reading data files are limited to rebuild otherwise there is too much performance lost. - Applied exclusion/inclusion on cumulative reports even if rebuild is not used. - Fix some issue with rebuild and exclusion. - Show more information when a log is skipped because his size is detected as lower than expected. - Print SquidAnalyzer version when debug mode is used. - Add TCP_TUNNEL used by Squid 3.5 for streaming to cache miss statistics. Thanks to MangOuste for the report. - Apply exclusion/inclusion definitions on old data when rebuild is used. Thanks to niccarp for the feature request. - Fix unwanted message when QuietMode is enabled. - Fix typo that was crashing squid-analyzer. Thanks to Juan Jose Pablos for the report. - Fix output of benckmark info when debug is not enabled. Thanks to Juan Jose Pablos for the report. - Fix issue when rebuilding previous data without denied url stat. Thanks to Stepan Andreev for the report. - Add top denied label to translation file. - Add UrlHitsOnly configuration directive to be able to disable the generation of tables ordered per byte and duration in Top Urls and Domains report. Thanks to Cesar Vazquez for the feature request. - Add top denied url statistics. Thanks to tierpod for the featur request. - Replace call to localtime() to CORE::localtime() to avoid Time::localtime override default behaviour. Thanks to oldnrustyreaper for the report.
6.2 - Sat Feb 21 16:50:25 CET 2015
This release adds support to common or combined squid log format and a new Italian translation file. There's also a new configuration directive UserReport to be able to remove any user related reports, statistics about URL and domains will remain. The second new directive is ExcludedCodes to be able to exclude some log entries following the TCP code returned.
It also included several bug fixes since last release.- Update year in copyright - Add documentation about log format. - Allow mime type report for common or combined log format. This require the use of %mt at end of the log format. - Add support to common and combined (http like) log format. - Fix hidden control character in configuration file. - Add UserReport configuration directive to not produce any report about users. Thanks to Razerlikes for the feature request. - Fix several issues with non default installation path. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report. - Force squid-analyzer to find perl executable from env. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report. - Fix russian translation. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the patch. - Fix install on Solaris. Thanks to Yuri Voinov for the report. - Fix error message when --rebuild is used and configuration directive LogFile is empty. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - Remove any access.log file from the parser list when --rebuild is used to avoid double entry. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - Fix user anonymization with --rebuild option. - Fix issues in week reports when the week overlaps two years. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - SquidAnalyzer will look for include/exclude users using format: user, firstname.lastname@example.org and domain\user. Thanks to Jacques Serfontein for the feature request. - Fix case where file was not parsed in incremental mode when log file size was lower than history offset. Thanks to Amir Mottaghian for the report. - Add Italian translation file. Thanks to Stefano Cailotto for the patch - Add ExcludedCodes configuration directive to be able to remove some log entries from statistics based on the TCP code. Thanks to Peter C. Ndikuwera for the feature request. For example: TCP_DENIED/403, which are generated when a user accesses a page the first time without authentication.
6.1 - Mon Oct 13 11:36:52 CEST 2014
This release fix severals major issues and adds a new feature to disable weekly reports with a new command line option --no-week-stat.- Fix top domains report where url with port was reported in unknown domains. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - Add --no-week-stat to disable weekly reports generation. Thanks to Mang0uste for the feature request. - Fix and update Ukrainian translation file. Thanks to Oleg A. Deordiev for the patch. - Save the last line parsed line when squid-analyzer is interrupted to avoid loading twice the same data after restarting. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - Fix missing calendar menu on daily report. Thanks to Cesar Vazquez for the report. - Fix problem with links to weekly summaries in SquidAnalyzer.pm Thanks to David Murrel for the patch. - Add IO::Handle and FileHandle in Perl modules that should be loaded. Thanks to Jeetendra Poojari for the report.
You can find a benchmark here about performances speed improvement by using multiprocess mode.
6.0 - Sat Aug 30 21:48:14 CEST 2014
This major release adds several new features, lot of speed improvement and some major bug fixes.
- Multiple access.log files can be processed at the same time.
- Multiprocess mode can be activated using the -j N command line option.
- New ExcludedMimes configuration directive to exclude from statistics a comma separated list of mime-type or using regex like text/.*.
- New ExcludedMethods configuration directive to exclude from statistics a comma separated list of HTTP methods (GET,POST,CONNECT,...).
- New translation available: pl_PL
Using 4 CPU cores (-j 4) to run SquidAnalyzer can divide by 4 the time used in single process mode. In single process mode building a 1.4GB access.log file takes 50 minutes on my computer, using 4 cpus take around 15 minutes.
squid-analyzer --no-year-stat -j 4 /var/log/squid3/access.log*
Here the full list of changes:
- Freshmeat/Freecode site is down, release announcement will be done on twitter now, see https://twitter.com/SquidAnalyzer - Allow multiple log files to be given at command line arguments. - Add support to ETCDIR instead of CONFDIR during installation process, Where real config files are installed on some distributions (BSD). - Add support to parse multiple access log file at a time in multi- process mode. - Add documentation about multiprocess usage. - Add multiprocess support to SquidAnalyzer, see -j option. This can improve a lot speed performances. See notes at bottom of issue #18 for more details. Great thanks to Francisco Rodriguez for his help. - Add more timing information during SquidAnalyzer execution. - Add some other minor speed improvement. - Removed call to tell, we were spending too much time in this method unnecessary. - Fix reports with --no-year-stat. It now reports cache stat only in year and month view instead of empty page. - Remove intermediate build of week reports. - Fix Mime-Type transfer's chart title to reflect the unit used: MBytes. Thanks to IMiGS for the report. - Little fix in a translation. Thanks to atlhon for the patch. - Fix case where days in calendar does not appear when DateFormat was changed. Thanks to joseh-henrique for the report. - Update Makefile with META_MERGE and MAN3PODS informations. - Fix missing cleaning of pid file when early error occurs. - Automatically remove \r when reading configuration file. - Improve incremental mode by seeking directly to last position in logfile and automatic detection of already parsed log. - Fix issue on calendar when days of a month are over 6 week. Thanks to Michael Gauthier for the report. - Update cs_CZ language file. Thanks to Martin Kylian for the patch. - Fix weeks graph when a week overlaps over 2 months. - Add missing install of included file. Thanks to Klaus Tachtler for the patch. - Force removing of pid file after die of the process. Thanks to Klaus Tachtler for the report. - Fix german language de_DE.txt. Thanks to Klaus Tachtler for the patch. - Add ExcludedMimes configuration directive to allow exclusion from statistics of a comma separated list of mime-type full name or using regex like text/.*. Thanks to Ajayaks for the feature request. - Add ExcludedMethods configuration directive to allow exclusion from statistics of a comma separated list of HTTP methods. Thanks to Ajayaks for the feature request. - Fix error when rebuilding with old data repository that does not have week view repository. Thanks to Adam Ciarcinski for the report. - Add pl_PL translation. Thanks to Adam Ciarcinski for the patch. - Fix en_US translation. Thanks to Adam Ciarcinski for the patch.
Release annoucement on twitter
Release annoucements used to be done on freshmeat.net or freecode.net, but unfortunately the site is now down. Please follow us on twitter now to receive release annoucement and latest news.